The Imperial Eagle made its maiden voyage between Malta & Gozo on 1/6/1958. It had been modified to accommodate 70 passengers with room for 10 cars. It remained on the Mgarr to Marfa route until March 1968.   MV IMPERIAL EAGLE   Location: 0.5 Kilometers off Qawra PointMaximum Depth: 40m Constructed: Launched: 1938Type: Passenger and Vehicle FerryWeight (tons): 257 gross tonnesDimensions: 45 meters Long, 9.2 meters BamBuilders: J.Crown and sons Ltd Shipbuilders, Sunderland UKOwners: Margo Bros, MaltaThe Imperial Eagle made its maiden voyage between Malta & Gozo on 1/6/1958. It had been modified to accommodate 70 passengers with room for 10 cars. It remained on the Mgarr to Marfa route until March 1968.Imperial Eagle was registered under other names prior to coming to Malta. When first launched in 1938 until 1947 she was named "New Royal Lady”, than in 1948 as "Royal Lady" and thereafter until 1958 as "Crested Eagle" Built by J. Crown & Sons Ltd, in Sunderland England and powered by two oil engines manufactured by Crossley Bros Ltd. After 1968 she was used to transport cargo and animal from Gozo to Valletta. She also served for storage. In Malta she was owned by Sunny & Maria Pisani a family from Gozo, and was sold to the local Diving community on 28/11/1995 to scuttle her as an attraction for divers off Qawra point, and to form the main attraction for an Underwater Marine Park Project, a task co-ordinated by an action Committee set up for this purpose.